Today I made Sweet Sushi and it was scrumptious. I thought this would be a fun family snack or a dessert on Thanksgiving for children and grandchildren. This dessert, or snack, is sweet and nutritious- a perfect balance.
This snack reminded me about a Chinese restaurant. I made the dessert with some of my favorite treats like kiwi, oranges, strawberries, Rice Krispie treats, and fruit roll ups.
Here is a tip when you are patting down the Rice Krispie treats spray your spoon with non-stick cooking spray so the Rice Krispie treats won’t stick as much. Also have an adult cut the fruit but the kids can top the sushi.
I could only find mixed fruit roll ups so I had to cut the green to resemble seaweed on real sushi.
I hope you enjoy this recipe with your family and more treats are coming soon.
- 1 package (10.5 oz) marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Green fruit roll-ups
- Sliced strawberries, kiwi, and oranges
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cook the marshmallows and butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan until melted and smooth.
- Immediately stir in cereal until coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press firmly into prepared pan to form an even layer.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes, until set.
- Cut half of the Rice Krispie bars into 2x1-in rectangles. Cut remaining half into 1½ to 2-in circles using a greased cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Cut fruit roll-ups into ½-in wide and 1-in wide strips. Top ovals with fruit; wrap with ½-in fruit roll-ups as shown above. Wrap 1-in strips around circles; top with fruit.